Friday, January 3, 2014

Murphy Smith, DOTW for 12/30-1/3!

Murphy Smith is the DOTW for 12/30-1/3! Since Dog Days is closing, I thought it fitting to make each of my dogs a DOTW for the remainder of our time. Murphy is this week's DOTW. Murphy is my 9.5 year-old Lab/Border collie mix, and Murphy's been coming with me to Dog Days since I brought him home from Lab Rescue at the age of about 7 months. Murphy is very very smart, and very sweet, and loves me more than almost anything. He's got a bit of separation anxiety when I'm not around, and resorts to either whining (and garnering hugs from the staff) or, if he's at home, carrying around one of my shoes in his mouth. He thinks he's a person, and regularly sits at the kitchen table with us as we eat lunch - I think he wants to be a part of everything. He loves his sister Leeloo and tolerates his brother Colson (and sometimes even plays with him). But his favorite thing in the world is his mama. Murphy has slowed down a little since he's gotten older, but he still has a bit of spunk, and can still outrun his siblings when he wants to. He's my main man, and certainly deserves his place in the spotlight as this week's DOTW. Congratulations, buddy. I love you! Woo woo!

At the daycare, looking for mama

Enjoying some backyard sunshine

Run, Murphy, run!

No comments:

Post a Comment