Friday, January 10, 2014

Emma Smith, the Dog of Dog Days Playcare, 1/6-1/10

Emma Smith is the DOTW for 1/6-1/10! Who am I kidding? Emma isn't DOTW; she is The Dog of Dog Days. Emma was my chocolate Lab, who passed away in November 2011 at the ripe old age of 13.5. Emma was the reason there WAS a Dog Days Playcare - I built it for her, so she could come with me to work every day. She was a Lab Rescue, my first real dog as an adult, and my heart dog. She taught me so much - to be selfless, to enjoy life every day, to see beauty in the simple things, to understand the importance of family, whatever family means to you. She knew every dog that stepped foot in Dog Days (she was the first interview dog), and she owned this place, and everyone (dog and human) knew it. She could be demanding, spoiled, incredibly sweet and gave the best hugs EVER. She knew when you needed her, and was always there. She was the best socialized dog I've ever met, and no one was a stranger; she loved everybody. I could go on, but I know everyone who knew her (and probably those who didn't) understand. This place was never the same without her, but, like her, it will live on in my memories, always. I love you Emma, and miss you as much today as I did the day I lost you. I will see you again someday, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Hoping Daddy doesn't notice she's sitting on the Cheetos bag, at the daycare

One of my favorite pictures of her - she loved the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment