Monday, December 16, 2013

Dog Days Playcare is closing

It is with great sadness that I have decided to close Dog Days Playcare. Our last day will be January 15, 2014. We have been taking care of our clients' dogs for almost 10 years, and this decision was not an easy one. Dog Days would never have been the wonderful place it is without our clients. We have become very close to so many of our clients' dogs (and the clients too), and it will be difficult to let them go - so many of the dogs have grown up with us, and we've watched them grow from gangly, shy puppies, to rambunctious teenagers, to settled, dignified adults. We've had to say goodbye along with the owners, when one of our charges passed to the Rainbow Bridge, and each and every one of those was so hard for us.

As I said, this was not an easy decision. I started this business because all I wanted was to spend time with dogs, especially with my own dog, Emma. I really opened Dog Days for Emma. When Emma passed away, my husband thought I might close Dog Days, knowing that I built it for her, and suddenly she wasn't a part of it anymore. By that time, I was already so bonded with our clients, I knew I couldn't close. Now that it is time, I feel particularly sad - I'm closing this chapter of my life, this chapter that Emma wrote with me, so it is a true closure, and not one that is easy. This is the only life I've known for 10 years, and the only life my dogs have known for their entire lives. What will we do with ourselves?

I want to thank again all of our wonderful clients, who've entrusted us with the care of their family members - I know how particular I and all my staff are about our dogs, so we know what it means to have that trust. I will miss each and every one of you, and will always wonder how everyone is doing, and be sad that I'm missing out on some wonderful memories with your dogs.

We are "business as usual" until January 15th, and hope that our clients continue to visit with us until that time. That will give us some time to say our goodbyes appropriately. We love you all.

Joyce Smith, Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment